Apr 9, 2006

Secrets

There's a website that I absolutely adore - it's called PostSecret (you can find the link on the right). Every Sunday, new "secrets" are posted that people mail in on a homemade postcard. People send in their most private secrets under complete anonimity, and it happens quite often that I somehow can relate to what they say. We all think that we are so different from one another, that our life experiences are so unique... But (for some at least) it's not like that. For instance, I could have written many of those secrets, because they are things that I have thought/felt/experienced at some point or another in my life.
This postcard/secret was posted this week, and I have been thinking about this same topic for a few days now...
Our life experiences may not be so different from one another, but they sure do have a lot of impact on us, and they affect our everyday life and whatever we do afterwards. I've had this conversation over and over with one of my best friends (coucou chouchou!) and I have learnt to recognize it in other people as well. The easiest example: we've been hurt badly in a relationship, so now we're wary of what we get ourselves into. And it ends up that when you meet someone you really care about, you inevitably need to fight with the ghosts of relationships past.

Unless you meet someone who can see through that, and not care about the past.
What matters is not what brought us to this point, to our paths crossing.
What matters is that, from here on now, we walk side by side.

No comments: