Nov 24, 2005

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am grateful for...

1) being healthy
2) a family who supports me in the pursuit of my goals, however weird they may be
3) lessons that I have learnt from friends, both good and bad
4) being able to study what I like
5) being in a country that gives me more career opportunities than my native country
6) episodes of "Friends" in syndication
7) the color of leaves in the fall
8) Ice-cream
9) having found someone who helped me fix my computer
10) funny movies that let you spend two hours without bad thoughts
11) four days without the alarm clock ringing in the morning
12) dishwashers
13) frozen pizza (or better, edible frozen pizza)
14) chicken broth and alphabet-shaped pasta
15) funny emails forwarded by friends
16) knowing that it's snowing at home and I'm here wearing short sleeves
17) Christmas songs
18) tea and cookies in the morning (or whenever it's cold)
19) dogs
20) my mom buying me a ticket to Disney on Ice
21) being able to walk barefoot on the carpet
22) chocolate
23) butterflies
24) sunflowers (even plastic ones!)
25) online ordering
26) bead stores
27) having happy friends who got married or already met the love of their life
28) Chopin and whoever plays piano
29) air conditioning and heating in my apartment
30) having enough money to buy Brie cheese and go to the movies once a month
31) my brain being appreciated more than my appearance
32) microwaveable popcorn
33) going to the gym
34) hot water (nothing beats a hot shower in the morning)
35) perfumed candles
36) soap bubbles
37) oranges and the way they smell when you pick them from the tree
38) having room for improvement
39) being able not to take myself too seriously
40) chewing gum
41) fries and chips
42) being able to appreciate people beyond the way they look
43) coming from a country so rich in culture and art and being able to share it with people I meet

... and so much more...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving..very grateful to my dear Nini which does a wonderful with this blog ..always a pleasure to read all of your messages !! carry on !!!
BACI

Anonymous said...

J'attends la suite :);););)
baci

Anonymous said...

ma eri con amélie poulain quando l'hai scritto? :)
Grazie Nico, un bacio dall'Emilia, brivi.